1. The information we collect.
Registration Information. When you register on the stampdutycalculator.org.uk website, you provide your name, your email address, and some optional notes about yourself ("Registration Information").
To hold visitor's login information.
To facilitate optimal use of websites by means of a temporary "session" cookie. These cookies disappear when the Client's browser session ends.
Permanent cookies to enable comparative quotes on our website or microsite.
Log files. Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. (IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to enable our Web-based service).
2. Sharing and use of informationWe do not share information from our website visitors. If you make contact with us we will treat your enquiry as confidential unless otherwise agreed and specifically requested by yourself.
3. SecurityOur Internet hosting company has security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is under strict guidelines.
4. Opt-out policyYou may have your registration details removed from our Websites at any time. To remove yourself please call us and we will tell you how we remove your details. We provide Clients with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving e-mailed Newsletters and other correspondence that they have previously opted to receive. This opt-out can be effected by calling us directly.
5. Disclosure for legal reasonsWe reserve the right to communicate such of a Client's personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, and which make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
6. Contacting stampdutycalculator.org.uk.If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with stampdutycalculator.org.uk, you should contact us. You can also contact the us to get a copy of the personal data we hold about you or a description of that data. Please note that by English law we are entitled to charge you a small sum for providing this information.
If you change any of your personal details or you want us to correct any personally identifiable information you should call us and we will endeavour to make the changes you request.
7. Links to third party sitesOur site contains links to other sites. stampdutycalculator.org.uk is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of those web sites.
8. Data Protection InformationYou can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting www.gov.uk
10. What Else you Should Know about Privacy?Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of, and access to, your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
Our Websites may contain links to other websites, and you should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices on other websites.